my weekly goals #1
This is my first Weekly Wishes post! I've been wanting to do something like this for a while, but haven't. I tried out my Sunday Slowdown posts for a while, but I realized what I like most about these posts is the community building aspect. The Nectar Collective started a link up where you have to comment on the person that linked up before you (hello, welcome to the jungle ;) - which I love! So here goes.
MY GOALS LAST WEEK
- Organize my tax documents I was really hung over Sunday thanks to the kalimotxo my sister made for a night out. I also hadn't really eaten dinner because I was so nervous about #2. Point is--I was stuck in bed anyway on Sunday so I just decided to bite the bullet and do my taxes. It was annoying and hard because last year was a combination of W-2s, 1099s, business income in another state, etc. I finally sorted everything out, only to find I am missing a few documents. At least it's ready to go after I get those!
- Photo shoot with Zophia I had a photoshoot planned with Betsy, CEO of Zophia, a badass bespoke pencil skirt company here in DC. I met Betsy at a local fashion designer meet up a few months ago and I was totally excited to work with her. Problem: I was literally out of town for a month, so it was a little hard to plan and I just was generally stressed to work with someone I admire so much! I mean her pencil skirts are amazing and her unique business model is something I am totally into. My sister was modeling and we were working with one of Betsy's photographers. I had only ever done full creative direction/planning on my own photoshoot once before, and that was with just my sister and a good friend (also named Betsy) as photographer, so I was nervous about working with new people. Long story short, we had an amazing time. I haven't seen Dustin's photos yet, but I'm sure he got at least a few good ones (because I did ;) ! Val did really well, especially since we made her stand outside in the cold. My original location didn't work out, but the second one did and afterward Val, Dustin and I bonded over bagel sandwiches and a desire to go winter hiking. I'm totally in my element during a shoot, so it wasn't until after it was over that the adrenaline hit and I was like--ahh I can't believe that all totally worked I hope everyone got what they wanted!!! And this is why I didn't eat dinner. And #1 happened.
- Sign up for German class One of my New Year's resolutions is to get back into German. It's a language I've dabbled in and I really wanted to start classes again and go back to Berlin soon. Luckily, I got picked in the Global Language Network lottery and I am all signed up!
MY GOALS THIS WEEK
- Organize myself By myself I mean my business, my blog, my apartment, my job...yeah. So it's kind of ambitious but I did a lot of work tonight and I feel better already so I'm gonna say CHECK.
- Send out my monthly newsletter In doing #1 I realized I need to send out a monthly newsletter and share the wonders of the etxe wallet and the Skimm. I'm getting faster at writing newsletters so another CHECK! It goes out tomorrow AM.
- Hang out with my friends in DC I am so so so thankful to have friends all over the world. A lot of them are on the west coast right now and I just got back from a long trip during which I got to see most of them. It was amazing -- to spend everyday with a really good friend. They are all just so amazing. Some of them moved from DC to SF, which means I have less friends in DC. I only moved out here a year ago, so it really hasn't been that long to make friends as a late twenty-something-year old ya know? I also am pretty content with having a glass of wine and reading a book, alone, in my house. Or going to an art show, alone. Or spending full weekends in the sewing studio working on designs, alone. But if I'm always busy doin my thang than I can't really complain about not having much of a social life in DC. Thus, I'm going to make more of an effort to hang out with friends IN DC. So, if I keep texting, emailing, facebook messaging you-it's 'cause I think you are super amazing, you inspire me, and I wanna hang out!
What are your goals for the week?
Want to start sharing your weekly wishes? Details at the Nectar Collective!