last week // this week 5.15.16
It's been a while since I've kept a regular blog schedule, so here goes another attempt to do consistent updates!
I'll be sharing weekly last week // this week updates at the end of each week...mostly for myself, but perhaps you are interested too!
- Testing and ultimately buying a bicycle! I've been thinking about this for a while and last week was my final research-test plow before I took the plunge. EVERYONE has an opinion about bicycles and it's a bit overwhelming. I eventually decided to get the Jamis Coda Sport. I rode it to work (~6.5 miles each way) today and it was amazing. If you are in the market for a bike-save some of your budget for the accessories because they add up!
- new weaving project! I am starting a rug. I'll be measuring yarn for hours tomorrow.
- casual hang out time with friends--I think it's important to be spontaneous - even if you are super busy and have shit to get done!
- BERNHOFT and the shudderbugs--a friend invited me to this show and I'm so glad because it was amazing. Got a burger and beer afterwards.
- Bachata Nights--one of the events I was incubating for work went super well! I'm hoping someone keeps funding it.
- The No Kings Collective Hustle 2.0 show was fun...if a little disjointed. Some pieces really hit the mark, others were a little eh. But that's art! What I most loved was that my friend and I ran into people. I feel like I'm finally finding my place in this city.
- Flashband at SongByrd--I invited a few friends and it was a really interesting show-you never really know what's coming. I am so impressed with the Flashband community and I am excited for its reincarnation.
- Cleaned out and organized my closet. 🙌🏼
- and packed!
- and waited in line at Zara to try crappy clothes on, then realized they weren't really worth the wait to actually buy them 🙄
- got some new lipstick in a color I DON'T already have.
- dinner and a movie and ice cream and outside with someone special. And an amazing dog.
- getting some fixin's on my new bike
- work stuff.
- measuring that yarn at weaving
- Island getaway CANNOT WAIT
Catch you all next week! I probably won't update until I get back from the island getaway--I'll be too busy swimming with dolphins.