My Weekly Goals #3
Happy Monday everyone! This past week was really busy. I started German, had a collaboration meeting and participated in a trunk show in Adams Morgan. I met up with some people I'd been wanting to catch up with in DC, went to Phillips After 5 and a talk at the Cutting-Edge Spanish Crafts exhibit. I also had the rescheduled girls brunch with some friends which was totally worth the wait!
I decided to stay in last night to get (food) prepped, even though I had planned to check out Jazz Loft. I made a really yummy stew, cranberry-edamame salad mix and grains to get me through the week. I also watched some TV while cooking (Downton, Girls, The Newsroom) because I needed a little chillaxing. This week I hope to continue eating well, but I need to get back on my workout schedule--I've been using snow, rain and now clouds as an excuse to sleep in and have been missing my normal gym time.
- Work on Laguna collection I started on this, but I didn't get too far. Honestly, I started hating my illustrations so I stopped. I need to get back to it and be open to the work that comes out. 1/2 check
- Mood board for collaboration I did this and had a meeting about it! I need to follow up and start the mood board for another collab. Check!
- Clean out my closet This was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Normally I put it off, then don't have enough time and end up just washing and refolding everything I own. Because I had it scheduled in, I knew I had to do it. I even (unsuccessfully) tried to get my sister to do it too. I filled two bags with shoes and clothes that I do not need and took them to Buffalo Exchange and for donation. I also did my laundry and refolded everything else, resulting in a brand new outfit today. Check Check!
MY GOALS THIS WEEK
- Work out 3x Like I said, I've been a bit lax on this and only made it to the gym twice last week (actually, once because I counted walk n' work as exercise time, which is cheating). I love going on a run and taking gym classes, but coming back from sunny west coast to gray sky DC (and a long commute), well, it's been hard to get up in the AM. It's easy to get up and go on a long run on Laguna Beach because it's Laguna Beach! Enough excuses, see you in Kettlebell class. Or, if the weather let's up, on the Mall, running towards the Lincoln Memorial.
- Complete 5 sketches for Laguna collection I have time scheduled so I have to ignore my self critic and get some sketches on paper.
- Cut robe pattern and get organized I'll be back in the sewing studio this week and I want to use the time to cut my robe pattern out of some fabric I printed over the holidays and get my next collection organized. I've made some decisions recently about the direction I want to go, so I'm ready to move forward.
What are your goals for the week?
Want to start sharing your weekly wishes? Details at the Nectar Collective!